Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What is love (for PSHA reading group)


by Okechukwu Nwafor


Do you really love me?
Of course I love you?
How can you ask that?
Are you sure you really love me?
Yes I love you my love.

For Jean-Luc Nancy
If love is Occidental
And closes itself into the sentimental
then is it a dream?
If love is mean
Then it means that hate is as good as love
And if the saying that no one
ever loved anyone
the way everyone
wants to be loved
then be it known that no one could ever be totally loved
by anyone
nor could anyone ever be hated
by everyone


And for Jean-Luc Nancy
Is love not erotic?
And romantic?
Yet disguises as realistic
And altruistic?
And quite imperfect
In its attempt to perfect

If I may ask Jean-Luc Nancy
What do you mean when you say that ‘thinking is love’?
And if I shower in a pool of love
Does it mean that I will glitter with the glimmer of love?
And
Plato do you think that Jean-Luc Nancy
Understands the philosophy of love?

Stanley is thinking love and is love thinking?
If it is then Bridget do you think that love is thinking out of the box
or is love not a paradox?
Charles are you guilty of love as charged or not guilty?
And if you are not guilty
what do you think when Nancy complains
of the nature of love
which is the “contradiction of contradiction and of noncontradiction.”


Now Nancy let me ask
Is love the possibility of an impossibility or the impossibility of a possibility?
Or Morris do you think that love does not love hate
Or that hate actually loves love.


Jean-Luc Nancy
Philosopher
But why?
why confuse us?
Do you really love us
Jean-Luc Nancy?

But I think you do
Please I am asking all of you
Do you people think he loves us?

No comments: